How often should you brush your teeth?
It is recommended that you brush your teeth twice daily (morning and evening) but no more than 3 times a day.
How can I keep my teeth healthy?
Good dental health begins with you.The British Dental Health Foundation recommends following the below simple routine to help keep your mouth clean and healthy:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day using fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a small to medium size toothbrush.
- Use a toothbrush with soft to medium multi-tufted, round-ended nylon bristles.
- Use small circular movements to clean your teeth.
- Change your toothbrush regularly, every 3 months or earlier if the bristles are worn.
- Clean between your teeth using interdental brushes, dental floss or dental tape.
- Have sugary drinks and foods less often.
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
How do I brush my teeth properly?
According to the British Dental Health Foundation the proper technique is to:
- Place the head of your toothbrush against your teeth, then tilt the bristle tips to a 45 degree angle against the gumline. Move the brush in small circular movements, several times, on all the surfaces of every tooth.
- Brush the outer surfaces of each tooth, upper and lower, keeping the bristles angled against the gumline.
- Use the same method on the inside surfaces of all your teeth.
- Brush the biting surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several small circular strokes with the front part of the brush.
- Brushing your tongue will help freshen your breath and will clean your mouth by removing bacteria.
Is AQUAFRESH® a fluoride toothpaste?
Yes, AQUAFRESH® toothpastes contain fluoride, an ingredient well-known for its efficacy in helping to protect teeth from cavities.
Is fluoride safe?
Fluoride is extensively used in anti-cavity and oral hygiene products marketed world wide. Extensive safety data following numerous years of clinical and consumer exposure, provides clear evidence of its safety in oral healthcare products.
Levels of fluoride in Aquafresh® oral care products are compliant with regulatory guidelines and with limits established by scientific committees. There are no safety concerns regarding the presence of fluoride in Aquafresh® marketed products, when products are used in accordance with the product label.
What do I need to know about gum health?
Good gum health is important if you want to keep your teeth healthy, as gum disease can lead to tooth loss.
Does Aquafresh contain triclosan?
No, Aquafresh, does not feature triclosan. GSK Oral care products do not contain triclosan.
The answers below are in relation to toothpaste and not professional or ‘over the counter’ whitening products.
How can I whiten my teeth at home?
By using a toothpaste twice daily which is clinically proven to whiten teeth.
How does whitening toothpaste work?
Whitening toothpaste helps to remove the surface stains from your teeth. This is done usually through a mildly abrasive action (“scrubbing” the stain away) and/or a chemical stain remover ingredient, which will soften the stain and make it easier to remove during brushing.
How do teeth whitening products affect the health of my teeth?
Most whitening toothpastes are considered suitable for use provided you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
How often is it suitable to use whitening toothpastes?
Whitening toothpastes are generally suitable for use on a daily basis but always check manufacturer’s instructions first.
What is Illumipearls™ technology?
Illumipearls™ technology is used in AQUAFRESH® whitening toothpastes to help remove stains and whiten teeth, as well as make teeth glossier. It contains alumina, a mild abrasive agent and sodium tripolyphosphate (STP), which attaches itself to the stain to make it softer and easier to remove. The tooth whitening effect is obtained by the combined abrasive action of alumina and the chemical action of STP.
Is fluoride good or bad for my kid’s teeth?
The good news is fluoride protects against tooth decay and prevents cavities. That’s why the British Dental Association recommends choosing a toothpaste that contains an appropriate amount of fluoride for your child's age.
How early should I take my child to the dentist?
The earlier you can get your child used to sitting in the dentist’s chair, the better. So plan your first trip just after their first teeth start to appear, then keep popping back every six months.
How and when do milk teeth come through?
When do milk teeth fall out?
The simple answer is: when they're ready to. Which is usually when your child is around 6 years old and their big teeth start to come through. However, it's important to look after milk teeth because if they fall out too soon it can affect the development of their adult teeth.